By Larry Kidder | As we take steps to minimize your risks of contracting the current coronavirus, frequent and thorough hand-washing remains the single best defense against its spread.
In response to the coronavirus pandemic, Loma Linda University administrators have decided to cancel all organized programs and activities at LLU Drayson Center through April 30. This includes Intramurals, Group X classes, and Senior Wellnes Program activities.
Drayson Center will remain open and operational for individual use, such as the Weight and Cardio Rooms, as well as pick-up and informal games of basketball, tennis, racquetball, pickleball, badminton, etc.
The top personal actions against the spread of the coronavirus continue to be:
- Frequent and thorough handwashing (20 seconds or more with soap and water);
- Maintaining social space of at least 6 feet;
- Avoid handshaking and other personal forms of greeting that include physical contact.
Additional actions include:
- Drink plenty of water (which helps the body combat the flu and other viruses).
- Stay home if you feel any mild flu-like symptoms.
- If your symptoms become severe, call the clinic or hospital before you come in.
Thank you for helping us keep the coronavirus at bay. During the 2009 Swine Flu (H1N1) outbreak, an estimated 12,500 deaths in the U.S. resulted from an ineffective public health response.
In cooperation with current U.S. and California guidelines, we hope to minimize the impact of the current coronavirus outbreak by being more proactive.
We're taking this seriously and so should you.